This weekend I had the opportunity to go to a YSA conference (Young Single Adult) through church. It was a pretty neat experience to be around so many members of the church again. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go, namely because I didn’t really want to go by myself and I didn’t know who all was going from the SB ward or from back home either. If you’ve been following my blog at all then you may have discovered that I am a self proclaimed scaredy cat, who pushes herself to do the things she’s generally scared of. So that being the case I went and figured at the very least I could get some good reflection and a positive, spiritual experience from the whole thing.
Cool Things I Learned:
- He needs my talents. He gave them to me for a reason.
- God knows who I am, where I am, and what my mission is AND what I need to do it.
- It would be better to be interested in the “long hereafter” and look beyond the now. Life isn’t about this life, it’s about what comes next.
- Change forces growth.
- No matter where you are in mortality you are in the “middle” of eternity.
- Sins (often) contain damage and a lie.